The "New Balancing" was initially designed by Suma & Senna at the end of 2021 to improve the balancing on random maps. Since then, it has seen continuous improvement following further input from various members of the community.
- Probability for ponds and lakes near the center of the map increased. The size of lakes varies greatly and not all lakes will have rivers.
- Asians have a very high probability of having a little swamp near their starting position.
- Cost of small tower is reduced from 3 to 2 boards.
- Mine improvements
- 40% less waiting time before a mine run for gold mines.
- 20% less waiting time before a mine walk all mines except gold mines.
- Miners perform one additional mine walk per food eaten.
- Shield Spell
- Now makes you immune to other combat spells (Convert, Banish, Punish Bows, Freeze, Fear).
- Cancels negative effects (Freeze, Fear).
- The cost is reduced from 20 to 15 mana.
- The input is reduced by 50%, so that you can produce the same amount of mana with less grain.
- The implementation increases the output per work run to two barrels, but also double the work time of the brewery.
- Slightly increased catch rate for fishermen
- The cost of the small tower is reduced from 3 to 2 stones. This also speeds up the construction.
- The wood consumption of the charcoal burning is reduced to 4 (from 5).
All details about the evaluation can be read here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UiOyFGyMnl3cxygU1QFYbzV4sbnyHVTxcEtYH_XQPvw